Monday, July 16, 2012

Golfing Adventure

have been taking golf lessons for five years with only one game of nine holes under my belt. My sisters have been playing for only about a year--and that being mostly golf lessons. Then, we come to my dad who has been playing well... since cavemen discovered fire.   We decided to have some quality family bonding time and go play nine holes of golf.  In the beginning, we were all very cheerful and rather optimistic. Then we went to the first tee.  



We went to play at this little course that is an all par 3 holes--meaning it should only take three strokes to get the ball into the hole. This also means that the tee boxes are quite close to the green. In my mind-- I am a professional golfer ( I soon figured out that I had some kinks to work on) so I went to the men's tees with my dear old dad. This was my first mistake that would be one of many to follow. I teed off and my ball skirted "gleefully" across the ground and up the many hills and landed at the bottom of the biggest one. This obstacle meant that I would be scoring a five on this par 3 first hole.  Hmmm. I just shook it off though because everyone needs a warm up hole, right? My younger sisters were certainly not much worse-- they also scored a five and six due to lack of power, aim and a few other issues. The veteran of the sport scored a three, of course.  The next four holes were equally challenging.  I still had not found my rhythm.  And the wheels officially fell off.   









On our finishing hole, my dad hit it into the woods and the rest of us followed suit. The three girls hit it into the water on our next shots and dad sailed his over the cart path... and beyond. Through all of this you can imagine that my mom (the official photographer) was almost having a heart attack from laughter. After seven balls lost, a couple tears shed here and there and a finial score of 50+ (when it should have been 27) we finished the nine holes.  Look out Tiger and Phil Mickelson-- there are four golfers quickly coming upon on your heels.

Here is the final picture of the night--still smiling!



1 comment:

  1. Everyone's gotta start somewhere! I hope the people behind you were nice. Did you beat your Dad on any of the holes or are you not allowed to say?

    ReplyDelete