Sunday, July 15, 2012

How the Name Came to Be

So it is an interesting story of how the name of my blog came to us.  I wanted to start a blog and, of course, you need to have a fun, memorable name.  I asked my family to help shout out some names I should call my blog.  I got names such as "The Hot Pretty Kitties in the City with their one Tom Cat", "Four Chicks and a Rooster", "The Southern Belles and the Gentlemen."  All of these names have to do with the fact that there are four girls in my family (including my mom).  You would think that we would have been blessed with at least one boy for my poor dad.  That was not meant to be because he is left alone to hear drama, dress dolls and have tea parties.  One of the final names that was shared was "The Silver Fox in the Henhouse."  This name was given as a jab towards my dad.  He is a dapper looking man and he has some subtle grey hair sneaking in on him.  Finally, the name we settled on is "The Blonde Squad and a Dude."  This name sums up our family-- four blond girls and a lonesome dude.  I hope to make this blog witty and document the adventures of my wonderful family.


My Family

1 comment:

  1. What a cute blog name! I am your mom's friend from BYU and I was there when it all started!!! When your Dad first asked our your mom! Wow, what a georgous family they have produced... you are so lucky to have such a wonderful mom, I have sweet memories of her and your Dad as well. Great job on your blog and keep it up... you will LOVE having it someday! :) ~Denice (Myres) Rasmussen

    ReplyDelete